The following are the top 5 largest countries in the world by land area, listed in descending order:
- Russia is indeed the largest country in the world by land area. It spans across both Eastern Europe and Northern Asia, covering a vast territory of approximately 17.1 million square kilometers. Russia’s expansive landmass accounts for about 11% of the Earth’s total land area. It shares borders with multiple countries, including Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Belarus, Ukraine, Poland, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, China, Mongolia, and North Korea.
- Canada is the second-largest country in the world by land area. It has a total land area of approximately 9.98 million square kilometers. The country stretches from the Atlantic Ocean in the east to the Pacific Ocean in the west and extends northward to the Arctic Ocean. Canada shares its southern border with the United States and is known for its vast wilderness, including forests, mountains, and expansive plains.
- China is the third-largest country in the world by land area. It has a total land area of approximately 3.7 million square miles. China is located in East Asia and shares borders with 14 other countries, including Russia, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Nepal and several Southeast Asian nations.
- USA is the fourth-largest country in the world by land area. It has a total land area of approximately 3.8 million square miles. The United States is located in North America and shares borders with Canada to the north and Mexico to the south.
- Brazil is the fifth-largest country in the world by land area. It has a total land area of approximately 3.3 million square miles. Located in South America, Brazil shares borders with every South American country except for Chile and Ecuador.
Other big size countries are Australia, India, Argentina, Kazakhstan, Algeria.