Mahendra Singh Dhoni, known for his exceptional wicketkeeping skills, has had numerous impressive stumpings in the Indian Premier League (IPL). While it’s difficult to determine the definitive “top 5” stumpings by Dhoni, here are five notable instances:
- Keemo Paul (Delhi Capitals) – IPL 2018: Dhoni stumped Keemo Paul in just 0.08 seconds, which is the fastest stumping in IPL history.
- Rohit Sharma (Mumbai Indians) – IPL 2015: During a match against the Mumbai Indians, Dhoni showcased his lightning-fast reflexes behind the stumps to dismiss Rohit Sharma. He collected the ball cleanly and swiftly removed the bails, catching Rohit out of the crease.
- Kieron Pollard (Mumbai Indians) – IPL 2013: In a thrilling encounter against the Mumbai Indians, Dhoni demonstrated his agility and anticipation to stump Kieron Pollard. Dhoni anticipated Pollard’s forward movement, collected the ball, and executed a lightning-quick stumping to dismiss the dangerous batsman.
- Robin Uthappa (Kolkata Knight Riders) – IPL 2018: In a match against the Kolkata Knight Riders, Dhoni showcased his exceptional skills by stumping Robin Uthappa. Uthappa came down the track, but Dhoni was lightning-fast in removing the bails, catching Uthappa short of the crease.
- AB de Villiers (Royal Challengers Bangalore) – IPL 2019: In a match against the Royal Challengers Bangalore, Dhoni produced a remarkable stumping to dismiss AB de Villiers. Dhoni swiftly collected the ball and whipped off the bails in a flash, capitalizing on de Villiers’ momentary loss of balance.
Other notable stumpings are:
- Mitchell Marsh (2012) – Dhoni stumped Mitchell Marsh off the bowling of Rahul Sharma.
- Jonathan Trott (2013) – Dhoni stumped Jonathan Trott off the bowling of R Ashwin.
- Ian Bell (2013) – Dhoni stumped Ian Bell off the bowling of Ravindra Jadeja.
- Dwayne Bravo (2019) – Dhoni stumped Dwayne Bravo off the bowling of Harbhajan Singh.