Kajal brands can vary depending on personal preferences and availability in different regions. Kajal holds significant cultural and cosmetic importance. The use of kajal, also known as kohl or eyeliner, is a cultural and cosmetic practice that has been prevalent in various societies, particularly in South Asia, the Middle East, and parts of Africa, for centuries. While both men and women may use kajal, it is more commonly associated with women. Here is a top 5 popular and well-regarded Kajal brands:
- Maybelline New York
- L’Oréal Paris
- MAC Cosmetics
Other popular Kajal brands in India are Himalaya Herbals, Lotus Herbals, Biotique, Coloressence, Faces Canada, Plum, VLCC, Elle 18.
Kajal is used to enhance and define the eyes
- Eyeliner: It can be applied along the waterline or the upper and lower lash lines to create different effects, such as a thin and precise line or a smudged and smoky look.
- Eye Brightening: Applying kajal to the waterline can help make the eyes look bigger and more expressive.
- Eyeshadow Base: Applying a layer of kajal on the eyelids before applying eyeshadow helps the pigment adhere better and enhances the overall eye makeup look.
- Traditional and Cultural Practices: In many cultures, Kajal holds cultural and traditional significance. It is often applied to infants and young children to protect them from evil spirits, ward off the evil eye, or as a symbol of good luck.
- Medicinal Use: Help improve eye health.
There is a variety of kajal options, ranging from traditional kajal sticks to twist-up pencils and long-wearing formulas. It’s important to consider your specific preferences, such as desired intensity, smudge-proof or waterproof properties, and skin sensitivity when choosing a Kajal brand.