Countries with the largest land area boast vast and diverse landscapes, each offering unique natural wonders, cultural heritage, and economic significance. Their land areas play a significant role in shaping their economies, environmental conservation efforts, and global influence.
Here are top 5 countries with the largest land area
- United States of America (USA)
You might like: Top 5 countries with the maximum forest area
- Land Area: Approximately 17,098,242 square kilometers
- Population of over 144 million people
Russia is the largest country in the world by land area, spanning across Eastern Europe and Northern Asia. It covers a vast territory, ranging from the Arctic tundra in the north to the subtropical regions in the south. Russia’s diverse landscape includes vast plains, mountain ranges, forests, and numerous rivers and lakes.
- Land Area: Approximately 9,984,670 square kilometers
- Population of over 38 million people
Canada is the second-largest country globally and occupies most of North America. It is known for its stunning natural beauty, with vast forests, prairies, and the majestic Rocky Mountains. Canada is also home to numerous lakes, including the Great Lakes, making it one of the richest countries in terms of freshwater resources.
- Land Area: Approximately 9,826,675 square kilometers
- Population of over 332 million people
The USA is the third-largest country by land area and is situated in North America. It boasts a diverse landscape, including vast plains, rugged mountains, deserts, and fertile farmlands. The country is known for its geographic and cultural diversity, with various climates and ecosystems.
- Land Area: Approximately 9,596,961 square kilometers
- Population of over 1.4 billion people
China is the fourth-largest country in terms of land area and is located in East Asia. It features diverse geographical regions, including the vast Gobi and Taklamakan Deserts, the Himalayan mountain range, and the fertile plains along the Yellow and Yangtze Rivers. China is known for its ancient history, rich culture, and rapid economic growth.
- Land Area: Approximately 8,515,767 square kilometers
- Population of over 212 million people.
Brazil is the fifth-largest country globally and is situated in South America. It is characterized by the immense Amazon Rainforest, which is the largest tropical rainforest in the world. Brazil also has a long coastline with beautiful beaches, vast grasslands (known as the Cerrado), and the famous Pantanal wetlands, making it a country of remarkable biodiversity.
Other countries with the largest land area
- Australia – 7,692,024 km2
- India – 3,287,263 km2
- Argentina – 2,780,400 km2
- Kazakhstan – 2,724,900 km2
- Algeria – 2,381,741 km2