There are many other characters who have been members of the Avengers in the comics and movies, but these are the most iconic and well-known among them. Here is a list of the top 5 Avengers in the Marvel Cinematic Universe:
- Iron Man
- Captain America
- Iron Man, whose real name is Tony Stark, is a Marvel Comics superhero character created by writer Stan Lee and artist Don Heck. Tony Stark first appeared in “Tales of Suspense” #39 in 1963. He is depicted as a billionaire industrialist and genius inventor who creates a powered suit of armor to fight crime and protect the world as Iron Man. As Iron Man, Tony Stark is known for his advanced technology, including the various suits of armor he designs and builds, which give him superhuman strength, speed, and durability. Iron Man has appeared in many comic book series, as well as several movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, portrayed by actor Robert Downey Jr. The character is widely regarded as one of the most popular and iconic superheroes in comic book history.
- Captain America is a Marvel Comics superhero character created by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby. He first appeared in “Captain America Comics #1” in 1941. Captain America’s real name is Steve Rogers, and he is depicted as a World War II-era soldier who was transformed into a superhero by a super-soldier serum. Steve Rogers was a frail young man who was rejected from military service due to his physical weakness. He volunteered for an experimental procedure to become a super-soldier, which gave him enhanced strength, agility, and endurance, as well as heightened senses and an accelerated healing factor. He was then given a costume and shield, and he became Captain America, the world’s first superhero. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Captain America is portrayed by actor Chris Evans. He has appeared in several movies, including “Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Avengers,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: Civil War,” and “Avengers: Infinity War.”
- Thor (Odin son) is a founding member of the Avengers in the Marvel Comics universe. He first joined the team in “Avengers #1” in 1963, along with Iron Man, Ant-Man, the Wasp, and the Hulk. As an Asgardian and the God of Thunder, Thor brings a unique set of abilities and experiences to the team. In the Avengers, Thor is known for his strength, durability, and ability to wield his enchanted hammer, Mjolnir. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Thor is portrayed by actor Chris Hemsworth. He has appeared in several movies, including “Thor,” “The Avengers,” “Thor: The Dark World,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Thor: Ragnarok,” “Avengers: Infinity War,” and “Avengers: Endgame.”
- Hulk (Bruce Banner) is a founding member of the Avengers in the Marvel Comics universe. He first appeared in “The Incredible Hulk #1” in 1962, created by writer Stan Lee and artist Jack Kirby. In the Avengers, the Hulk is known for his incredible strength and durability, as well as his ability to regenerate quickly from injuries. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the Hulk is portrayed by actor Mark Ruffalo. In the MCU, the Hulk is depicted as a brilliant scientist named Bruce Banner, who transforms into the Hulk when he becomes angry or stressed.
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) is a Marvel Comics superhero character who has been a member of the Avengers in the comics universe. He first appeared in “Amazing Fantasy #15” in 1962, created by writer Stan Lee and artist Steve Ditko. In the Avengers, Spider-Man is a relatively recent addition to the team, having joined in “Avengers #329” in 1991. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Spider-Man is portrayed by actor Tom Holland. In the MCU, Spider-Man is depicted as a teenager named Peter Parker who gains his spider-like powers after being bitten by a radioactive spider.
Other popular avengers are Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff), Vision, Black Panther (T’Challa).